What is the Concrete Toboggan Team?
- Civil Engineering-based design team that competes annually in the Great Northern Concrete Toboggan Race (GNCTR)
- The team is challenged to design and construct a toboggan with a running surface made from concrete, complete with steering and braking systems. Competitors are evaluated on their concrete mix and toboggan designs, speed, stopping distance, team spirit, technical presentation and technical report writing skills.
- The competition also addresses green issues with two environmental based awards. Being a student run event, industry sponsorship is crucial to the success of each team and the competition.
Why should you join?
- It is a great way to expand your knowledge of concrete and design outside of the classroom, while having fun at the same time!
- If you are interested in concrete, framework, project design, construction, industry sponsorship, or working with your hands, the team will be looking for new members at the start of the Fall 2014 term (you don't need to be in Engineering to join). Please send us an email for further information: email@example.com
- The competition was originally created in 1974 as a Canadian equivalent to the Concrete Canoe Race held in the United States.It has grown over the past years to become one of the largest Engineering competitions in Canada. Queen’s University has always had a strong showing at the completion.